top of page
Search
  • Writer's picturecaissiecanineinstr

Caissie Canine Instruction: K9 Poison Prevention



We begin this week’s “RUFF TAILS” featuring a beautiful German Shepherd named Ryder.

 

Ryder is our first German Shepherd and is currently 17 weeks old (D.O.B. Feb 18, 2024). He is such a smart, handsome boy. We have been so lucky that he was crate trained and potty trained prior to joining us at 13 weeks old.



 He quickly learned his name, as well as the “sit” and “down” command. We train everyday using the excellent training tips Paul provided us at our puppy training session.

 


 




 

Welcome to Doggie Dialogue

 

It is important to raise awareness and reduce unintentional poisonings and to promote poison prevention for all pets.

 



Many of us know that garden chemicals are toxic, as well as some plants, such as lilies, sago palms, and tulips.


Household cleaners, over the counter medications, and some foods can be toxic when ingested by our pets.


Foods such as chocolate, grapes, and raisins can make your K9 very ill. A variety of peanut butters, and chewing gums can contain the artificial sweetener xylitol, now sometimes labelled as “birch sugar” can be harmful to our pets even in small amounts.

 


Rodenticides or rodent poisons are extremely toxic for all pets. These products can cause seizures and/or kidney failure. The sweet taste of these products attracts rodents but can also attract a curious dog.

 

To keep your dog safe, we recommend checking your home and garden for potential poisons. Secure all medications, chemicals and any hazardous foods out of reach, even if you must use pet proof locks.


 

If you think your K9 has been poisoned or ingested something toxic, seek veterinary help immediately.


102 views0 comments

Comentários


bottom of page